I LOVED reading these ladies blog posts about how they pay it forward. HUGE thank you to them for their support and participation! Please please please go check out their blogs! The bloggers:
Classy Cathleen - Cathleen shared a sweet story on how her family pays it forward to the Disney cast and Disney visitors while they vacation at Disney World.
From Mississippi With Love - Hill is my awesome Blog Little. She was inspired by the events and incorporated kindness into her July goals.
Becoming Adorrable - Didn't know what to do yesterday to pay it forward? Becca has you covered with 10 great, simple, and affordable ideas to pay it forward!
Elegance and Mommyhood - Ada volunteered her time to work with children with Downs Syndrome in Albania!
It was amazing to go on Twitter and Facebook to check the hashtag updates and see what you were up to! I loved reading each person's story. You are all so inspiring and I am so appreciative of your support yesterday. I am absolutely positive that the lives affected by our kindness were appreciative as well. Thank you for making a difference yesterday!
Hillary, the director of Miss Greater Columbus, formerly Miss Hilliard
Kendy, a Miss Greater Columbus Volunteer
Stephanie, the blogger at Diary of a Debutante
Chloe, the blogger at Wanderlust in the Midwest
Melissa, the blogger at Daily Chaos
Hill, the blogger at From Mississippi With Love
1. To kick off my birthday I delivered cupcakes around campus. Who doesn't love cupcakes?! How can you not be instantly cheered up when sinking your teeth into a delicious, moist cupcakes (and at only 30 calories, that smile should have just got bigger)!?
2. After eating lunch at Olive Garden, Christian drove me over to the local mall. I picked up a few items for my Inspire Swap buddy and then left quarters in the candy machines! I know some kid is going to be ecstatic when they realize they don't have to ask mom for change!
3. Left a 100% tip for the waitress at the local A&W Drive In.
4. Gave quick Twitter advice to a few bloggers! If you sharing someone's post (like your blog sponsors, for instance), I always try to make sure I don't start the tweet with the person's Twitter handle. If I absolutely must, then I put a period before the @ symbol. This allows for all of your followers to see your tweet. If you just start with the Twitter handle, only those followers who follow both you and the person you're tweeting at will see the tweet.
5. I smiled at literally everyone!
6. I sent a handwritten letter to a friend! I LOVE snail mail so if you want a letter from me, just send me an email with the address to send the letter! (email@example.com)
7. Called an old friend on the phone. It was awesome to reconnect!
8. This was my favorite act of kindness! I walked to the local library and picked out a children's book and left a dollar inside. I hope this will encourage kids to keep on reading!
Have you ever paid it forward or been blessed with someone else's act of kindness? I would love to hear your story! Feel free to leave it in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!