One of my favorite things about being a blogger is the connections and friendships created through the blogosphere. Erica from Coming Up Roses is one of those budding friendships. She's been one of my sponsors for a few months now and I absolutely admire her and her blog. She is so well-spoken and I always leave her blog feeling so inspired! While I'm doing some summer traveling, I hope that you will get to know this lovely blogger, starting with this post!
I’ve always felt this innate connection to Ashliegh from her byline alone. I mean, this girl knows what’s up. “High heels, high standards, pearls everyday.” Truth, truth, and more truth. And even more, I like to think of that last little tidbit as being a double entendre for you, as you carry on with your classy life. As silly as it might sound, you’re a pearl in this oyster otherwise known as life, and it’s high time that your summer be as perfect as a freshwater gem. I firmly believe that all of the above “highs” surpass any other.
I love heels, I love standards, I love pearls, and I love lists. So, here are 10 reasons why heels, standards, and pearls should always be at the top of your list for summer (and always).
1. Heels are undeniably empowering. You put on a pair of patent leather pumps and I swear to you, your world is transformed. Suddenly, a quick ponytail and swipe of mascara won’t do the trick; you need hair, makeup, and a killer smize (read: smiling eyes) to show the world that you’re a glamorous boss.
2. Pearls are the epitome of class and old-school glamour (just ask Holly Golightly). When you want people to take you to be one classy gal, just add pearls.
3. The higher the heel, the closer to heaven. And the closer to the top shelf, where I store my secret stash of chocolate. (You know you have one, too).
4. Flip flops are summer-y and all, but they also scream beach and pool. Even though it’s hot outside, heels scream haute.
5. WWAHD. (What would Audrey Hepburn do? Pearls.)
6. Summer = fling time. Summer flings don’t require lesser standards, though. I mean, someone had to fling with Chris Hemsworth at some point, right? And we know that lucky lady’s standards were sky high.
7. Whose calf muscles don’t look good in pumps? (Answer: no one’s).
8. Standards ensure that you get what you deserve. Not in a “Girl, you are sooo much better than him” kinda way, but in a “Girl, you’re just fabulous.” Not in comparison to anyone else...you just are.
9. Pearls come from nature. By sporting a string or two, you’re basically saving the oceans and lakes by increasing attention on them. Save the oysters, save the oceans, wear pearls, right? (I’m no marine biologist, folks).
10. No one will double cross you, because no one wants to be hit with a stiletto.
Regardless of time of year or worldly occurrences, you have every right and power to make your life one heckuvah pearl-filled time (metaphorically, since you are a pearl). And when all else fails, just add heels.
Huge thanks to the lovely Ashliegh for letting me into her darling little world. I’d love to connect with you over on my own rosy space, so stop by and say hi anytime. And, if you really feel like saying hi, I’m on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, and Bloglovin’ (Phew!). Stay classy....keep those heels and standards sky high.