This week was crazy busy with a to-do list 100 miles long. While it was stressful, it definitely had its highlights that reminded me of how blessed I am. Here's five highlights from this past week...
1. Christian and I celebrated our two year (dating) anniversary! While we haven't been able to really celebrate with a dinner date like we had planned, I did make him his movie ticket stub gift. For some reason, I've been saving all the ticket stubs fro the movies we've seen for the past two years. I figured it was time to do something with them so I pasted them down on a piece of scrapbook paper in the shape of a heart. Christian loved it because it was creative and unexpected.
2. Wednesday evening was dedicated to pageantry...male pageantry that is! Every year, my sorority puts on Mr. University as a fundraiser for the Alpha Phi Foundation and women's cardiac care. This year, I was honored to be an MC during the show! I had a blast with not only the speaking part, but also live tweeting at the event! We had 16 contestants who were nominated to compete by various organization around campus. In the end, Mr. Theta Phi Alpha won the crown!
2. As a member of the Her Campus Blogger Network, I received the Her Campus Spring Break Survival Kit packed with all kinds of goodies from the HerCampus sponsors! I received coupons for a free burrito and chips from Chipotle (hello, lunch!), Her Campus swag, TreSemme Keratin Smooth kit samples, Biotera conditioner samples, coupons for European Wax and Yokini Swimwear, and FORTY-EIGHT bottles of Neuro Sleep. Talk about best day ever!
3. In my spare time, I've been working on this Dr. Seuss "The Lorax" canvas for my roommate's classroom! When she requested a Dr. Seuss themed canvas, I was a bit nervous to accept the challenge but am so glad I did! The canvas was finally finished last night and I seriously cannot believe I painted this. By myself. #What. It's amazing what we can do and accomplish when we step outside our comfort zones!
If you're interested in having a canvas designed, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! The proceeds from all orders through my Etsy Shop will be donated to my Children's Miracle Network fund!
4. Last week Katie from Keep Calm & Carry On held a giveaway for tickets to see Jillian Michaels Maximize Your Life Tour in Columbus. By some miracle, I won and, no lies, I cried when I received her email! #ThatsEmbarrassing. I've always looked up to Jillian Michaels and LOVE her 30 Day Shred workout videos. Jillian gave a great presentation on health, fitness, and motivation. I was surprised at how funny she was, and while she did curse throughout the show, she was very relatable. With graduation around the corner (and my last qualifier pageant for Miss Ohio tomorrow!), this event couldn't have came at a better time. Jillian really got me thinking about doing what I'm passionate about and figuring out my "why". Not just the surface "why" (example: I want to be healthy.) but the real why that you find when you dig deep into your soul (example: I want to be healthy because I want to be able to meet my grandchildren).
Overall, while it was a stressful week, it definitely had its moments that made me realize how blessed I am.
What are your highlights for this past week?